I hope this message finds you and your families well in these different times. Normally this is the time of year where you would have found me welcoming you to the Christmas Party, but not this year.
Since my video message at the start of the season, we have seen Leeds placed into Tier 2 and then West Yorkshire placed into Tier 3 on top of a second lockdown across England. Not what we expected when we started out.
Many of the Club Committee have spent a lot of time over the season up until now to keep the club running:
- Our fixtures team of Neil Parke and Katie Barrass who have been rearranging fixtures;
- The team at Sports Park Weetwood, lead by Carl Smith making Weetwood suitable to play;
- Phil Price for managing our COVID compliance;
- Mike Pounder, Hannah Kyle and Sam Mawer in sorting memberships;
- Heather Owston co-ordinating our sponsors in what is turning out to be a very hard year;
- Phil Stubley and Michelle Crawford for their roles with Yorkshire Hockey;
- Chris Devine, Katie Barrass and Ed Richardson for organising the Winter Hockey sessions after the Lockdown; and
- Our captains, coaches and umpires who have enabled training and games to happen so far this season.
I would like to thank them all for the time and energy they have put into keeping the hockey going so far.
Into the New Year training will recommence the week commencing 04 January 2021, in the same slots as before Christmas. Saturday 09 January the Club will host intra-club friendlies which will be organised through your captains after Christmas. The Yorkshire Leagues will return on Saturday 16 January across West Yorkshire. We are still waiting on news regarding the North and National Leagues. Please remember that your membership will need to have been paid in full before you attend any hockey in January
As it stands we look set to continue in Tier 3 for the immediate future so I look forward to welcoming you back in January.
Until then, on behalf of Leeds Hockey Club, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Have a good one!
Leeds Hockey Club