Return to Hockey – Spring 2021
Following the announcement from England Hockey this week, we have made provision for returning to hockey next week (week commencing March 29 2021).
Our junior members will return to the sessions as they were before the November lockdown. This should have already been communicated to you.
For our seniors, we will be returning to your training times as they were at the start of the season (see here for times), however the format will be Knockabout sessions. We ask that you do not arrive for your session more than 10 minutes before it starts.
At the end of April we will reassess times based on participation.
For our Junior attending Junior sessions, the cost is already provided for by your full membership and no further fee will apply until completion of the sessions.
For our Seniors the following price structure will apply:
- £0 for members who have paid in full (including Juniors who have paid the Senior Surcharge)
- £5 for members who have paid 50% of their membership as was asked by the club (and Juniors who have not paid the Senior Surcharge)
These prices will apply until the end of June.
For the first few weeks we will be collecting via a card machine.
Collection of cash will be at the discretion of the session lead but if paying in cash please ensure you bring correct change. Change may not be available.
We aim to move to use the Club Website for payments in the near future to reduce risk of contact. More details are below.
COVID-19 Measures are Still in Place
Until we are told otherwise we are still operating under the COVID-19 procedures that were in place before Christmas. This means that amongst other things:
- Attendance is by INVITATION ONLY
- Social distancing should still be maintained when not in play.
- You should sanitise your hands before entering the pitch.
- The Weetwood Training Access Plan should be followed for evening sessions.
- Sessions are still limited to 30 people.
- Session lengths are reduced to allow for a safe transition between sessions.
- Players, parents and spectators should follow directions from Coaches, Captains, Committee Members and Session Leads.
As with sessions before the November lockdown if you display any of the symptoms of COVID-19 please do not attend the session and inform your captain so your space can be reallocated:
- A temperature
- A new dry cough
- Loss of taste or smell
As it was before Christmas, if you fall ill with these symptoms within 14 days, please inform the Club COVID Office via [email protected].
For our Juniors, please follow the process already outlined by the coaches.
For our Seniors, your captain will be in touch with availability sheets. As stated above, the COVID protocols are still in place so please only attend a session if you have been selected to do so.
We do hope to bring some Saturday hockey back and options for local friendlies are currently being investigated to start in mid-April. Normal match fees will apply for these.
For Weekend sessions the Weekend Fixtures Access Plan should be followed.
The Club Website
We will be aiming to start to use ClubBuzz to collect fees for events held after Easter. Please log into the website (here). If you can, please complete your profile (Click on this link and click update)
If you are unable to access the website and you have received this email, please reset your password. If you still can’t access then please contact [email protected]